CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another Race Down

I did another race today. It was a 5K (3.1 miles). It was a race that benefited all of the Elementary Schools and Middle Schools that feed in to the High School in our area. We had about 150 people from our school. I was so surprised that so many people came out to do the race. A lot of my students and their families were there participating because they knew that I would be there participating too. It was fun to see my students outside of school and to be able to participate in this with them. Most of them did the 1 mile run, but there was one student who ran the 5K with me. He kept his eye on me the whole time and wanted to pass me and beat me. Well, at about mile 2 he did that. He was so excited that he beat his teacher! I know I'm competitive, but it was really cute to see how happy he was that he ran with his teacher and beat her! I didn't really do this race do my personal best. I really did it to support the area and the school. It was just a bonus that I've been running and starting doing races. I thought it was great to have so many people getting together for a common cause and promoting fitness too! Even though I wasn't working on my personal best race, I did have a personal best race. I ran it in 34 minutes. I was really proud of that since the majority of the race was all uphill. I don't have anymore races on the horizon, but I'm sure I'll find one soon!

1 comments:

Matt, Jena, Joshua and Cora said...

Nice work! I'm impressed by the kid who ran the whole thing. Just think, you've been training and reached a personal best. He just woke up this morning and ran a 5K for the heck of it. Doesn't it make you wish you were 8 again!?!