Well, my bro and sis-in-law (and doggie nephew) told me I needed to write a new blog. And they are right because it has almost been a month since I have written. I really don't have any news or excitement, so I'll just type and see where I end up.
The best way to describe how I've been the past few weeks is weary. By the time I wake up at 5:30, get to school, teach all day, answer emails from parents who ask dumb questions (yes, there are dumb questions), clean my room, and get home, all I want to do is sit around and hang out. I haven't had much energy at all. I have decided a lot of it is because the kids in my class are YOUNG!!! I realize they are all 6 and in 1st grade, but most of them don't turn 7 until the Spring. In fact all but 4 turn 7 in the spring or summer. So, they are very dependent on my help and are a little afraid to try because they haven't had someone who has made them try before. So, needless to say, I sit at my desk approximately 15 minutes a day. That is a long time to be running around, answering questions, and having constant interaction with people (especially for an introvert like me).
On the positive side, I love my class. They are very eager to learn. We are learning about he human body in Science and I probably had 20 questions just about how the blood leaves the heart and comes back to the heart. I love that they are able to ask questions and want to know all about everything. They are also a group that has a great sense of humor. Many have older siblings, so they get sarcasm and get my jokes too. Which isn't necessarily the case for most 1st graders.
So, even though I am exhausted I love my job and feel like I'm making a difference every day. Just tired and worn out, which is what I have heard is a sign of a good teacher. So, hopefully that is true and I am doing a good job at educating these kids.
Wow, for having nothing to say I sure rambled on. I promise to be better at posting. Sorry for the long silence.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Weary
Posted by Linda McKenzie at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Don't feel too bad about 6 year olds who are afraid to try things. I deal with 50 year old farmers who are afraid to try things. No matter what the age, everyone needs a little hand holding once in a while. Thanks for posting, finally!
Post a Comment