It has been a long time since I've last updated. Sorry about that. I didn't realize it had been this long. So, to all of you who read my blog I'm sorry that I've been a slacker in my blogging.
I ran a 7K race today. It was 4.4 miles and it was so great! There were about 7,000 people running the race, so it was busy and crazy but I love the frenzy on race days. That is part of what makes it so exciting for me. I ran with 4 other friends and we were going to run together, but 3 of them run much faster than I do and I'm more interested in beating my time instead of beating other runners. One of my friends and I run at about the same pace, so we ran together most of the way, which was really nice. I finished in 50 minutes and 11 seconds, so that is an 11.36 minute mile. I am so proud of that time. I usually run between 12-13 minute miles during the race, so my speed is improving!! Yay!! The course was very hilly even though I was told there was only 1 hill. That was not the case. There were probably 4-5 hills, but my friend I was running with gave me a new strategies for hills. She told me to look down at the road when you are running hills instead of looking up to see where the hill ends. That made it so much easier because before I knew it I was at the top of the hill and running down the other side. I love it! I'm going to do that from now on. I can't wait for my next race. It is the season for racing since the weather is getting warmer. Hopefully it will stay warm so I can keep running! I'll post pictures when I get them from my friend. I think we got some good ones!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Runnin' of the Green Race
Posted by Linda McKenzie at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Congrats, Linda! Great job! I hope the shower went well, too!
Post a Comment